The Jewish population of Warsaw in the inter-war period numbered ca. 380 000 and was the largest concentration of Jews in Europe. The policies of the Third Reich annihilated the population of European Jews and implemented different forms of repression and persecution, one of which was forced resettlement to closed ghettos. The exhibition presents pictures made in 1940, showing the process of design and construction of the wall that separated the ghetto from the city, the resettlement of Jewish inhabitants and the beginning of the life behind the wall.
Organisers: the State Archive of the Capital City of Warsaw, the Society of Friends of the State Archive of the Capital City of Warsaw